If you’re looking for a stylish and functional way to stay warm this winter, look no further than the Columbia Parka. This classic coat is perfect for keeping you cozy on even the coldest of days, and its versatile design means you can wear it just about anywhere. Whether you’re hitting the slopes or just running errands around town, the Columbia Parka is a perfect choice.
Best columbia parkas
History of Columbia Parka
The History of the Columbia Parka
The Columbia Parka first hit the shelves in the year 1993 and was designed by Portland based company – Mountain Hardwear.
The idea of the jacket came from a former employee named John Bingham. A passionate mountaineer and nature enthusiast, John had a goal to design the perfect jacket.
That jacket had to be waterproof, warm, and functional – everything the average jacket wasn’t at that point.
He took a trip to the fabric store and purchased a few yards of the most technical fabric available.
When he got home, he took a pair of scissors and cut the jacket into pieces, literally.
After discarding the sleeves and hood, he was left with a shell and a liner.
John decided to design the liner and the shell separately, allowing the wearer to combine the two or wear either one alone.
He then took his design to the company that’s now known as Mountain Hardwear. They loved the idea and put it into production.
The initial response was incredible. People were finally getting a jacket that was warm, waterproof, and still allowed for a full range of motion.
It quickly became apparent that John had achieved his goal.
The jacket was an instant classic and all-time bestseller, and the rest is history.
Still popular to this day, the Columbia Parka is a testimony to the old saying “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”.
The jacket is a symbol of quality, functionality, and design, and it comes in a variety of colors and styles.
It is perfect for the everyday adventurer, the thrill seeker, or anyone who simply wants to stay warm and dry.
Whether you’re hiking a mountain or just walking to the store, the Columbia Parka is the perfect jacket for you.
How to Choose the Right Parka for You
The How to Choose the Right Parka for You blog section will teach you everything you need to know about finding the perfect parka for your needs. From understanding the different types of parkas available to considering important features like insulation and waterproofing, this blog section will provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision. Plus, we’ll also share some of our favorite parka picks for men, women, and children!
Parkas are a must-have item for anyone living in a cold climate, and they can also be a great choice for anyone looking for a stylish and practical coat. But with so many options available, it can be difficult to know which one is right for you. In this blog section, we’ll discuss the different types of parkas, the features to consider when choosing one, and how to care for your parka so it will last for years. Let’s get started!
Types of Parkas
There are a few different types of parkas that you can choose from. Each type has its own unique features and benefits, so it’s important to understand the differences before making a decision.
1. Down Parka: A down parka is a long coat that is filled with duck or goose down feathers. This type of parka is very warm and is often used in extremely cold climates. However, it can be quite expensive, and it may not be the best choice for someone with a sensitivity to down.
2. Synthetic Parka: A synthetic parka is a coat that is filled with synthetic fibers, such as polyester or nylon. This type of parka is typically less expensive than a down parka, and it is also more water-resistant. However, it may not be as warm as a down parka, and it may not have the same longevity.
3. Fleece Parka: A fleece parka is a coat that is made from a synthetic material, such as polyester or nylon. This type of parka is typically lightweight and comfortable, and it is often used as a mid-layer in cold weather. However, it may not be as warm as a down or synthetic parka, and it may not have the same durability.
Features to Consider When Choosing a Parka
When choosing a parka, there are a few key features that you should consider. These include:
Insulation: Parkas come with different types of insulation
The Different Types of Parkas
The Different Types of Parkas
Parkas are one of the most versatile pieces of outerwear you can own. They come in a variety of styles, colors, and fabrics, and can be worn with almost anything. Here are some of the most popular types of parkas:
1. The classic parka
This is the most iconic type of parka. It is a long coat that typically reaches below the knees. It has a hood and often has a fur-trimmed collar. This type of parka is perfect for cold weather, as it provides a lot of warmth and coverage.
2. The bomber parka
This type of parka is shorter than the classic parka, typically reaching just below the waist. It has a zipper front and often has a fur-trimmed collar. This type of parka is perfect for mild to moderate cold weather, as it provides less coverage than the classic parka.
3. The utility parka
This type of parka is designed for function rather than fashion. It is typically made from a durable, waterproof fabric and has a hood and multiple pockets. This type of parka is perfect for cold, wet weather, as it provides a lot of protection from the elements.
4. The down parka
This type of parka is filled with down feathers or a synthetic alternative. It is very warm and provides a lot of insulation. This type of parka is perfect for extremely cold weather, as it provides the most warmth of any of the other types.
How to Take Care of Your Parka
If you’re a fan of wintertime, then you know that a parka is an essential part of your wardrobe. This coat is perfect for keeping you warm and toasty, no matter how cold it is outside. But if you want your parka to last for years, you need to take care of it properly. Here’s how to do just that.
1. Brush it off. Use a soft-bristled brush to gently remove any dirt, dust, or debris from the surface of your parka. This will help to keep the fabric looking fresh and new.
2. Spot clean. If there are any stains or marks on your parka, you can try to spot clean them using a damp cloth and a small amount of gentle detergent. Be sure to blot the area rather than rub it, as this can cause the stain to spread.
3. Hand wash. If your parka is heavily soiled, it may be best to hand wash it. Fill a tub or sink with cold water and a small amount of gentle detergent, and gently swish the coat around until it is clean. Be sure to rinse the coat thoroughly to remove all of the soap.
4. Dry clean. If you want to be extra cautious, you can take your parka to a professional dry cleaner. They will know the best way to clean and care for your coat without damaging it.
5. Storage. When you’re not wearing your parka, be sure to store it in a cool, dry place. This will help to protect it from moisture and insects, and will also keep it looking its best.
Follow these simple steps and your parka will stay looking great for many winters to come. Now go out and enjoy the snow!
The Benefits of Wearing a Parka
A Parka is a type of coat that is usually made of a heavy, insulated material like fur or wool. The word “parka” comes from the Inuit word for “animal skin” and the coat is often trimmed with fur to help keep the wearer warm. Parkas are typically hooded and have a zipper or button closure.
Parkas were originally designed for use in cold climates, but they have become popular fashion items as well. They are often associated with outdoor activities like skiing and hiking, and they are also commonly worn by celebrities and fashionistas.
There are many benefits to wearing a parka. For one, they are extremely warm and can help protect you from the elements. Parkas are often designed to be windproof and waterproof, which can keep you dry and comfortable even in the worst weather.
In addition to being practical, parkas are also stylish. They come in a variety of colors and styles, and they can be dressed up or down. Whether you’re wearing a parka to a formal event or just to run errands, you’re sure to look fashionable.
Finally, parkas are very versatile. They can be worn in a variety of different settings and for a variety of different activities. Whether you’re hiking in the mountains or just walking to the store, a parka is a great choice for staying warm and comfortable.